On this day (May 11) in the year 1672, Louis XIV invades the Netherlands. Another rather irrelevant fact gave us the inspiration for our next cocktail: the rose! Fresh from the land of love - France!
40ml Dry Vermouth
3 Dashes Strawberry Syrup
- Fill a martini glass with ice and set aside to chill.
- Shake Kirsch, Vermouth and strawberry syrup together in a cocktail shaker.
- Empty the chilled martini glass.
- Strain liquid from cocktail shaker into martini glass.
- Garnish with a maraschino cherry.
If you are a fan of cherries like me, you'll absolutely love this bad boy. It literally tastes like you are eating a maraschino cherry or just a sweet cherry. Its amazing, there's like a hint of an alcohol taste, but this is dominated by the cherry flavour. The aftertaste is almost completely gone as soon as the liquid leaves your mouth, leaving a very minor lingering cherry taste similar to what you get after devouring a maraschino cherry.
You can smell sweet mix of cherry and strawberry from this cocktail, with none of the alcoholic scent potency of the individual ingredients. 10/10 would drink again.